If you want your lovely lady to say “I do” then you need to plan a proposal she cannot refuse. The last thing you want is to disappoint your other half with a lacklustre marriage proposal when you are banking on her wanting to spend the rest of her life with you.
So, how do you turn your girlfriend into your wife-to-be? It all begins with buying the perfect engagement ring. This sparkler is going to be on your partner’s finger for the rest of her life, so you have got to make sure you get it right.
How do you find the perfect engagement ring?
- Decide on your budget – Make sure it is something you can comfortably afford. There is no need to put yourself under financial strain.
- Pick a metal type – It is always advisable to go for a metal that matches in with the style of jewellery your partner typically wears. For example, if she tends to wear silver jewellery you should stay away from yellow gold.
- Quality diamond – Be sure to go for a quality diamond. GIA certification ranks a diamond based on colour, clarity, cut and carat. This is why you should buy diamonds from a certified jeweller. They will present you with the certificate so you know exactly what you are buying.
- Diamond shape – This all depends on your girlfriend’s taste. You have a wealth of options to choose from, such as; heart, emerald, oval, round, princess, marquise, pair and much, much more.
- Ring size – Sneak a ring out of your partner’s jewellery box without them noticing to ensure you get the ring size right.
Now the ring is sorted, the next thing you need to do is plan the perfect proposal…
What should you consider when planning a wedding proposal?
- Ask for her family’s permission – This may seem old fashioned, but it is traditional. Her family will really respect the fact that you have considered their feelings. Your girlfriend will also love that you have done the respectful thing.
- Do what your girlfriend will love – A lot of men get the proposal wrong because they think about what they would like rather than what will make their girlfriend happy. If your partner is the shy type then proposing in front of a full restaurant may not go down too well.
- Keep it a secret – Don’t make it obvious – even if you want to get a feeling for whether your other half would say yes or not. The best proposals are those that are a surprise.
- Stay true to yourself – Don’t copy the clichéd methods. There is no right or wrong proposals. It is all about you and your partner. Do something that is going to be special to you both.
Finally, if you want to make your proposal really special then there is one last thing you should consider. When purchasing your engagement ring, do you really want to go for something generic? Something that everybody else has? Why not get your ring custom made? This will ensure that it is one of a kind and symbolic to your relationship and the loved shared, this is why you should consider buying bespoke jewellery.
Hayward is a bespoke jeweller with an excellent reputation when it comes to custom made engagement and wedding rings in Hong Kong. They boast a wealth of experience and they use high quality GIA certified diamonds. This is why Hayward is the best jeweller for engagement rings in Hong Kong.